There are a few things you need to know:
- Placing a hold ensures the item will be held for you to collect, when you are ready.
- It costs $1.00 to place a hold on items from the adult collection.
- It is free to place children’s and teen items on hold.
- You will be notified when the item is ready to be collected, via email or phone.
- It will be held for only seven days, and then returned to the shelf.
- Books and audiobooks: 3 weeks
- Top Shelf books: 2 weeks (some of the latest releases, unable to be reserved)
- DVDs: 1 week
- Magazines: 1 week
In short, Yes! (unless someone else has put a hold on it)
There are a number of ways to do this:
- Give us a call on 07 5718008 or 0800 926 732
- Pop in and visit any of our libraries
- Renew it online
- Renew it using the Library App (ask our staff for help)
- On the self-issue kiosk in the Library
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reserve fee (adult) $1
- Replacement card $3
- Holiday membership $55 ($45 refundable upon return of all items)
- Interloan request fee per book $8, per article $5. Plus lending library’s fee, if any.
- Top Shelf (2 weeks) $3
- DVD (1 week) $3
- Adult items per day 30c to a maximum of $10 per item
- DVD, Top Shelf per day $1
- Administration fee $5
- Lost or unreturned items: Replacement cost plus administration fee
If you are over 65 years old, you automatically qualify for our Gold Level Membership.
This means you will not pay overdue fees on any free items, and you won't pay hold fees. You will still need to pay to take out Top Shelf books or DVDs, and if they are late, they are $1.00 a day.
Pick up a Top Shelf Bonus Card and receive a stamp each time you borrow a Top Shelf item. Every 5th item is free!
You can use your library card at Katikati, Omokoroa, Te Puke and Waihi Beach libraries.
Yes you can, ask your local friendly library staff how to do this.
You can renew items, either at the library, online, by phone, or by email.
There are a number of reasons, why you can't renew your item:
- The item has a hold
- Your membership needs updating
- You have outstanding charges that need to be paid
- The renewal of rental item may incur a repeat fee.
To renew your item or items online:
- Select Catalogue & Account in the header, at the top this page.
- Select My Account.
- Enter your card number.
- Enter your PIN.
- Select Checkouts.
- Select the items you wish to renew and select Renew.
To make sure this has been successful, please check the due date – to ensure your item has been renewed.
To place a hold online:
- Find the item in our catalogue.
- Select Place a Hold (green button to the right of the item).
- Enter your card number and PIN
- Select Login.
- Select the Pickup Library from the drop down list
- Select Place Hold.
- Select OK.