Conditions of membership
- Your membership entitles you to borrow items from the Western Bay of Plenty District Libraries, and requires you to return them by the due date.
- For your protection and safety, do not lend your library card, or any items borrowed. You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card, and for overdues or other charges on your card. Let the library know immediately if your card is lost or stolen. You will need to produce identification for a replacement card. Cost $3.00.
- For your own protection you are advised to produce your card to borrow items.
- It is illegal to remove any items from the library without first having them issued at the desk.
- Two renewals are permitted on most items unless required by another borrower. Renewals may be made over the telephone, or by logging onto the catalogue at www.westernbay.govt.nz/libraries or by using the Western Bay District Libraries app. Rental items will incur the rental charges again on renewal.
- OVERDUES: Items returned after the due date incurs overdue charges; $1 per day per DVD, Video or Top Shelf item. These charges are calculated upon the return of the item and will be charged to your card. A reminder overdue notice is sent 10 days after the due date and a second notice 10 days after that, detailing the cost of the item(s) outstanding. At 30 days the item is considered lost and an account for the full replacement cost is sent. Failure to respond within the 14 days of this account being sent will result in the outstanding account being passed to our debt collection agency who will add their charges to the amount payable. NB. If a lost item is returned there will still be overdue and administration charges to pay. An automatic block will be placed on your card for over dues exceeding $5.00 in total.
- Membership for all children under the age of 16 requires parental/guardian consent. Parents/guardians are required to act as guarantor and acknowledge responsibility for all items issued and any charges incurred by children in their care.
- Library staff take no responsibility for borrower’s selection of items. Items specifically labelled for Teens cover a wide range and will not necessarily suit all teenagers. Parental supervision may be appropriate.
- The personal information you provided on joining the library is for the purposes of Western Bay of Plenty District Libraries administration only. This information will not be provided to anyone else without your prior consent except where the information is sent to a debt collection agency to facilitate the return of lost items or payment of overdue accounts. Your membership will be updated annually. It is your responsibility to report any change of address or phone number.
- Your membership may expire if your card is not used to borrow items during any 2 year period. Please let the library know if you would like to discuss your membership, borrowing, or use of the library.
Details of services provided are available from the library or online at www.westernbay.govt.nz.
There are a few things you need to know:
- Placing a hold ensures the item will be held for you to collect, when you are ready.
- It costs $1.00 to place a hold on items from the adult collection.
- It is free to place children’s and teen items on hold.
- You will be notified when the item is ready to be collected, via email or phone.
- It will be held for only seven days, and then returned to the shelf.
- Books and audiobooks: 3 weeks
- Top Shelf books: 2 weeks (some of the latest releases, unable to be reserved)
- DVDs: 1 week
- Magazines: 1 week
In short, Yes! (unless someone else has put a hold on it)
There are a number of ways to do this:
- Give us a call on 07 5718008 or 0800 926 732
- Pop in and visit any of our libraries
- Renew it online
- Renew it using the Library App (ask our staff for help)
- On the self-issue kiosk in the Library
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reserve fee (adult) $1
- Replacement card $3
- Holiday membership $55 ($45 refundable upon return of all items)
- Interloan request fee per book $8, per article $5. Plus lending library’s fee, if any.
- Top Shelf (2 weeks) $3
- DVD (1 week) $3
- DVD, Top Shelf per day $1 to a maximum of $10 per item
- Administration fee $5
- Lost or unreturned items: Replacement cost plus administration fee
If you are over 65 years old, you automatically qualify for our Gold Level Membership.
This means you will not pay overdue fees on any free items, and you won't pay hold fees. You will still need to pay to take out Top Shelf books or DVDs, and if they are late, they are $1.00 a day.
Pick up a Top Shelf Bonus Card and receive a stamp each time you borrow a Top Shelf item. Every 5th item is free!
You can use your library card at Katikati, Omokoroa, Te Puke and Waihi Beach libraries.
Yes you can, ask your local friendly library staff how to do this.
You can renew items, either at the library, online, by phone, or by email.
There are a number of reasons, why you can't renew your item:
- The item has a hold
- Your membership needs updating
- You have outstanding charges that need to be paid
- The renewal of rental item may incur a repeat fee.
To renew your item or items online:
- Select Catalogue & Account in the header, at the top this page.
- Select My Account.
- Enter your card number.
- Enter your PIN.
- Select Checkouts.
- Select the items you wish to renew and select Renew.
To make sure this has been successful, please check the due date – to ensure your item has been renewed.
To place a hold online:
- Find the item in our catalogue.
- Select Place a Hold (green button to the right of the item).
- Enter your card number and PIN
- Select Login.
- Select the Pickup Library from the drop down list
- Select Place Hold.
- Select OK.